Home Energy Saving Tips For Summer
Those high temperatures summer brings can surely rack up high electrical bills. Here are some tips to keeping cool and save energy:
• Air leaks is very common in homes. Make sure to seal up windows, doors, and other parts of your home in which cool air can sneak out of.
• Look for products with the Energy Star label. Air conditioners with the Energy Star label usually use 15% less energy than conventional models. That means more money in your pocket.
• Make sure to clean and maintain air conditioners. Have your filters cleaned or replaced. This helps so your air conditioner uses less energy to operate.
• Unplug any appliances when not in use or when leaving your house. To make this hassle free, plug in appliances or home electronics on a power strip and turn off the power strip when not in use.
• Close blinds, shades, or curtains to keep your home cool and the hot sun rays out.
• Wash your clothes in cold water. Skip the dryer and take it old school with a traditional clothes line.
We hope these simple tricks will help you out this summer!